< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://jonsmith.greykitty.net" />

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Blackfield Concert

I attended a Blackfield concert at Iota Club back on March 14th. I won't give you a blow by blow (unless you want me to!) account of the concert... it is suffice to say that it was awesome. In a word, intimate. You can see from the following photograph just how close we were:



Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) on the left, Aviv Geffen in the middle, and Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) on the right.

Steven opened with some PT songs, I don't remember which exactly. I'm sure a setlist is on the net somewhere. I do remember that he covered Abba, which was quite a suprise and sounded great! During the Blackfield set both Steven and Aviv had a strings break during seperate songs but recovered very nicely and the crowd was very understanding. After Steven's string broke in the opening of the first song (!) I yelled at Jordan and asked him to solo. After a few others in the crowd joined in he acquiesced and entertained us with a virtuosic keyboard solo while the guitar was taken care of.

Ok, enough talk, more pictures.



Taking a bow.

I actually did not get many pictures since they didn't turn out with the flash off, and we didn't start using the flash until the encore.



Steven and I. The man is pure genius.



Steven's shoes. My wife got a 'kick' out of them.



Jordan and I. The Wizard also has a blog of sorts.



Me and Bert. Who is Bert, you ask? Bert (aka the fifth Beatle) played keyboards for Neal Morse on the Testimony tour. He was at the Blackfield concert as Jordan's tech, and I recognized him. What a great guy! I hope I run into him again sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home